Monday, March 1, 2010

Battle for Stone's River 2010 - Aftermath


Have to echo what most people have said - truly and outstanding tournament. My hat is off to Bossman, Chris, Travo, etc for putting on a great event!

From a competitive standpoint - it was a little frustrating for me - so many could have hads and might have hads - but didn't's. Such is the way the dice roll though! Had a grand time and did much better overall than I expected. Wound up in 13th Overall.

Game One - Willy the Nord from Chattanooga said he was coming looking for me - and he got me. We wound up going head to head right from the start. Love to play the guy - but would rather meet him in the later rounds - because he's really good. We had a tight fought game - very tactical in nature. Eldar vs Dark Eldar - with the NORD having around 17 Dark Lances - all wanting to do me harm! Willy pulled out a great victory in the end and blanked me after seven rounds. Job well done! Will catch you in Chi-town!

Game Two - originally Stephan Boada (with the Sisters) and I were going to play - and Donovan and George from Huntsville were going to play. Since both groups can play each other at any time - we decided to switch. And I got to play George and his awesome Ork army. Had a great game - fun match up - against a guy I'm glad to call a buddy. Managed to squeek out a slight victory - 15 points to 6 in a 6 turn battle.

Game Three - Me and the Karate Kid lay it down. Dang but Jeremy has gotten good. We had a HARD fought game - back and forth - for seven turns. He managed to hold onto the main objective at the end for a 7-5 win. Great game man!.

Game Four - Against John Williams from Jackson area. John was just getting into the game - and was a great guy to play against.Another hard fought and close game. My suicide squad just refused to die (actually John's Dreadnought just refused to kill them). Wound up with 9 to zero victory for me.


The hardest thing about this tournament was the fact that I had to pick a favorite opponent - all of mine were very deserving of it.

Congrats to Sabote (overall) and STD (best painted and best themed) for bringing home the big prizes - job well done.

Looking forward to this one next year already!

No comments: