Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The 2008 Tournament Scene

Well, a long time since an update here. The first GW GT has come and gone. A huge shout out to my 40K Wrecking Crew buddy Marc Parker for taking the overall at Las Vegas. Marc is pretty amazing - he's won 6 overalls now - with a few Best Generals and Best Sportsman's rolled in to boot. Well done Marc - and hopes that you take the Circuit overall this year.

It's not looking good for me this year to be able to attend either Chicago or Baltimore. Chicago happens the weekend of my anniversary - and my wife will neuter me if I go. Being fond of my twins - I think I'll pass. Baltimore is just happening at a bad time this year - with high gas prices, Christmas just around the corner, job uncertainty - looks like I'm going to pass this year. I'm pretty well bummed out about Baltimore as it's been the GT I've done the best at historically. Still the biggest and best of the bunch as far as I'm concerned.

It's been a good year for the GW tourney scene though. Adepticon and the Waagh are great fun. I wish that GW would spread out the timing of their GT's a bit - tough when they are all like a month apart.

No comments: